• Sandton homeless man gets over 1000 replies in hunt for job - video

    A homeless 22-year-old seeking a job has just received over 1000 replies and job offers on Facebook and a variety of other social media platforms.

    Times LIVE q
  • Bobbi Kristina's family rages anger over 'death bed' pics | The New Age Online

    Bobby Brown's sister Leolah Brown recently broke her anger over news that someone has been selling Bobbi Kristina's death bed pictures . Further, responding to the claims that the person who is selling the photo might be an extended family member, she said that she will make sure that anyone who comes near Bobby Brown's daughter takes a lie detective test.

    The New Age q
  • Nkandla: Has Mantashe adopted Mashatile's genie? | Daily Maverick

    A few weeks ago, it seemed the top leadership of the ANC had retreated into the underground, much in the way the organisation operated during exile. Police Minister Nkosinathi Nhleko had released his astonishing report on Nkandla and it felt like people ran for cover – not knowing what to say about it. It was certainly difficult to get a coherent position on Nkandla then from the ANC, especially with Nhleko’s blasé announcement that more taxpayers’ money is likely to be spent at President Jacob Zuma’s home to step up security. Then ANC Gauteng chairman Paul Mashatile broke the conspiracy of silence and said at The Gathering last month that the ANC had not endorsed this position.

    Daily Maverick q
  • Chris Brown cuts off child support | The New Age Online

    Singer Chris Brown has stopped paying $10,000 per month in child support after he was denied visitation with daughter Royalty. The agreement was set to start on July 1, but it fell apart when Brown sought a visitation with Royalty this week only to learn that she was with his mother Joyce Hawkins in Virginia, reports dailymail.co.uk. The 26-year-old initially wanted to pay $2,500 per month, but settled on the amount after Royalty's mother Nia Guzman was seeking $15,000 per month, according to an article on Thursday by TMZ.

    The New Age q
  • Gwede Mantashe speaks up about Nkandla

    The newspaper reports there were heated exchanges among delegates at this week’s alliance summit involving the ANC, South African Communist Party and Congress of South African Trade Unions, where Paul Mashatile's suggestions for the ANC to pay for the non-security-related upgrades at Nkandla were shot down. The alliance partners resolved that government needed to move fast to ensure the matter was finalised, which entailed holding accountable those found guilty of inflating costs of upgrading Zuma's homestead, and ensuring the money was recovered. Mantashe says the failure to go beyond the “more money” phrase had only served to irritate the public further and Nhleko had a clumsy way of stating his intentions. Madeonsela found that Zuma and his family unduly benefited from the R246 million upgrades to his private home.

    ewn.co.za q
  • Man dies after Soweto hospital turns him away because he didn't have R20

    How much is the life of a 64-year-old man worth in Soweto?

    Times LIVE q
  • Two fake cops arrested in Alexander township | The New Age Online

    Police arrest two people masquerading as police officers. Cops made the arrests Saturday in Alexandra township, Johannesburg.

    The New Age q
  • Nkandla: Mantashe calls Nhleko reckless - Politics | IOL News

    INDEPENDENT MEDIA ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe has slammed Police Minister Nathi Nhleko as "reckless". Cape Town - ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe has slammed Police Minister Nathi Nhleko as “reckless” for saying more money must be spent on Nkandla. Now Mantashe wants Nhleko to explain exactly why more tax money is needed for President Jacob Zuma’s private homestead in KwaZulu-Natal. In March 2013, Public Protector Thuli Madonsela found that Zuma and his family unduly benefited from the R246 million upgrades to his private home.

    Independent Online q
  • Insults fly between ANC, EFF - Politics | IOL News

    THE STAR The ANCYL has declared that EFF leader Julius Malema and his party were not welcome in KZN. Durban - The verbal sparring between the KwaZulu-Natal ANC Youth League and its arch-enemy, the Economic Freedom Fighters, is getting increasingly hostile. The ANC’s youth wing declared last month that EFF leader Julius Malema and his party were not welcome in KZN. This was in response to the EFF’s alleged plotting of a “civil war”, according to the youth league, and rendering Parliament dysfunctional.

    Independent Online q
  • Sanral warns against fake e-toll information

    Last week, a Tshwane Metro Police officer reportedly told the motorist he could not renew his disk because a warrant had been issued for his arrest over the outstanding debt. The South African National Road Agency Limited (Sanral) said no arrest warrants are being issued over e-toll fines and has urged motorists to report cases of this nature.

    ewn.co.za q
  • Cape in asteroid tsunami zone

    The map, which combines data on population density with data on where asteroids would most likely hit, came about after software was developed at the University of Southampton in the UK. Astronomer Nicola Laoring, of the South African Astronomical Observatory, says the map indicates that Western Cape would be at risk. "If an asteroid hits water, which is a distinct possibility given that 70% of the Earth is covered in water, then the impact could result in a tidal wave causing a tsunami in coastal regions. "The western coast of South Africa is also a high risk area as it lies along an asteroid impact corridor," she said.

    Times LIVE q
  • Nigeria: Keshi's Sack - Who Should Be Blamed?

    If former Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, had left the stage when he was hailed as a hero, especially after guiding the team to the second round of the last World Cup in Brazil, his ignominious sack last Saturday night would not have happened. Today, Keshi is a classical study of someone who fell from grace to grass. The coach, who became an instant hero after winning the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013; 19 years after the country last won the trophy, was sacked ignominiously on Saturday, though expectedly. Things turned upside down for keshi, when he announced his resignation a day after winning the Africa Cup of Nations in a South African radio on the premise that the federation led by Aminu Maigari, worked against him in South Africa.

    AllAfrica.com q
  • Ten South Africans on Interpol wanted list

    Interpol's wanted list features 10 South Africans sought for crimes including rape and the theft of more than R240-million. One local suspect, Jason Holland, 43, a former director of a Johannesburg mining company, is being sought for fraud and allegedly "misappropriating" more than R240-million. Interpol believes that Holland, who has British and South African citizenship, is currently in Australia, the UK or the Netherlands. Another fugitive is former police officer Mvuleni John Tshoba, 46, who fled the country after being convicted of the rape of an eight-year-old child.

    Times LIVE q
  • Six killed in Nigeria church blast - Africa | IOL News

    AFP A man walks past a the scene of a bombing after at least 20 people were killed when a young female suicide bomber detonated her explosives in Maiduguri on June 22, 2015. Bauchi, Nigeria - A suicide bomber killed six people at a church in northeast Nigeria on Sunday at the end of a week in which suspected Boko Haram insurgents killed more than 200 people. The spate of bloodletting prompted renewed international outrage and French President Francois Hollande said he was ready to hold a summit with regional leaders to coordinate the fight against Boko Haram. The blast in Potiskum in Yobe state on Sunday came after an attack on the capital of neighbouring Borno state on Friday, deadly raids in three towns during the week and suicide bombings along a highway.

    Independent Online q
  • Watch Cristiano Ronaldo quits interview after being quizzed on Real Madrid teammate's future

    Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo grew frustrated in an interview after repeatedly being asked about the future of team-mate and Manchester United target Sergio Ramos.

    Times LIVE q
  • Nigeria: Kano Emir Links Boko Haram to Social Media, Internet

    The Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi, has linked forceful marriage of the girl-child, Boko Haram insurgent and similar social vices in Nigeria to exposure of youths to information technology and social media. Sanusi, a former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor spoke on Saturday at the 10th Annual Ramadan lecture organized by Voice of Nigeria (VON), NTA and FRCN, in Kaduna,. According to the Emir, "the youth learn fast, new ideologies from the Internet and after watching they go to Iraqi and Syria to join the Jihadist groups. Early marriage, yes we are in Nigeria, and it is hurting and destroying our society.

    AllAfrica.com q
  • Imported locomotives ‘unsuitable for SA’s railway lines’

    THE government has been harshly criticised by opposition parties for the "reckless" use of taxpayers’ funds to purchase locomotives they say are unsuitable for South African railway lines. The Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa) recently imported 13 brand new diesel locomotives to the value of R600m, part of a larger order of 70 locomotives valued at of R3.5bn from Spanish manufacturer Vossloh Espaa. On Sunday‚ the Democratic Alliance (DA)‚ Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) and Congress of the People (COPE) all called for an investigation into the procurement of the locomotives‚ saying they were unsuitable for South African railway tracks.

    Business Day Live q
  • Zimbabwe: Twenty Foreign Students Deported

    Police in Harare and Mutare have arrested 20 foreign students for illegally staying and studying in the country.

    AllAfrica.com q
  • Pics: Princess Charlotte christened - IOL Tonight

    Britain's Princess Charlotte is pushed in a pram after her christening at St. Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham, England

    Independent Online q
  • Pakistan, India to join China security bloc

    Nuclear-armed rivals Pakistan and India will start the process of joining a security bloc led by China and Russia at a summit in Russia later this week, a senior Chinese diplomat said on Monday, the first time the grouping has expanded since it was set up in 2001. The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) groups China, Russia and the former Soviet republics of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, while India, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and Mongolia are observers.

    ewn.co.za q